Dr. John Trent best selling author recommends Walk and Talk
Alarming Truths about Christian Leaders
After researching pastoral trends for over 18 years, and as a pastor himself, Richard Krejcir, PhD, offers keen insights about disturbing pastoral pressure trends. Krejcir quotes from a research project conducted by his team of over 1,000 pastors:
- 77% felt they did not have a good marriage.
- 75% felt they were unqualified or poorly trained to lead their church or counsel others.
- 71% stated they were burned out, and they regularly battle depression and fatigue.
- 89% considered leaving the ministry at one time.
- 1,500 Christian leaders leave the ministry each month due to moral failure, burnout, or conflict.
- 50% are so discouraged, they would leave the ministry if they could, but have no other way of making a living.
- 70% only spend time studying the Word when they are preparing their sermons.
The pastoral pressure research was conducted from 1989 to 2006 and incorporated data from Barna,
Focus on the Family, and Fuller Seminary. http://www.truespirituality.org
I know first-hand the pastoral pressure faced by ministers and Christian workers—and what it can do to your marriage, your family—even your faith and sense of calling. I’ve worked with a wide spectrum of churches, from rural to metropolitan, and from small to large.